Emma's Gotcha Day Video

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home study, TB test, Blood work, Fingerprints, and Shopping!

It's been busy couple of weeks!  Here's the update:
We met our caseworker Meredith on Friday May 29th at Starbucks.  She was wonderful.  It is amazing how God puts certain people in your path.  She is a social worker too and is starting her masters in social work at Western this fall.  What a small world!  (I tried to prepare her for the millions of discussion board posts she would be doing over the next year!!!)  The meeting went well and was very informal.  We enjoyed sharing with her our reason for adopting.  We have our second home study visit Friday. . .  One step closer to our little girl.  

Ryan and I also had blood work and TB tests for the process.  I told him I was a little excited about the fact that he had to endure the blood work, TB test, and urinalysis this time whereas with Chase I had the joy.  He chuckled and said she's worth it!

We went to Louisville Monday afternoon to turn in our I600A form and get fingerprinted.  The I600A is a petition to adopt.  The fingerprints are for federal background checks.  Hopefully those will be processed soon.  

We have been doing some shopping for our little sweetheart.  I want to make sure we have everything in place before she gets here.  Ryan and I have been looking at strollers and furniture.  We were amazed at how much things have changed since Chase was a baby.  

It's hard to fathom that our little girl could be born already.  I know God has a wonderful plan for her life.  Please keep us in your prayers as we finish up getting the paperwork together.  We pray that our home study Friday goes well and is typed up and processed quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers