Emma's Gotcha Day Video

Monday, May 23, 2011

Meeting Emma's Foster Mother

I can't begin to explain the emotions I have felt today. My heart has been joyful as I have anticipated meeting Emma's foster mother for the last week. I am so thankful for this experience. Getting to see first hand how much Emma's foster mother cares for Emma was very humbling. She said Emma was very special to her and remembered all the little things Emma did. Meeting her gave me assurance that she was well taken care of during the first months of her life. I will be forever indebted that she took such great care of our little girl while she was waiting for her forever family. I truly believe Emma's love for music and dance is contributed to her foster family exposing her to it. Today was very meaningful day as I was able to fill in some of the pieces of Emma's story. I will take this experience and share with her just how much she was loved not only by us but by her foster family also.


I had the privilege of getting her contact information and look forward to keeping in touch as Emma grows. How blessed we are to have Emma in our life!

Here are some sweet gifts the foster mother brought her Emma. All of the sweet treats are for Emma and her brother!


Jess

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Seoul, South Korea

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story of meeting your baby's foster mom. I know that has to be such a special experience for you. I have been following your blog for a while and am also in the process of adopting a baby girl from Korea. I know this will sound crazy, but I think the foster mom you met today is our daughter Han's foster mom right now. I think the baby she is holding is Han! If it's not her, they could be twins!

    Is the foster mom's name Mrs. Chung? We are with SWS/AIAA. This is too crazy if it is true.

    If it is Han, how does she seem to be doing? I would love to hear any details! Our blog is borninourhearts.blogspot.com. If you could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks

    Kelly Harrington

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day!!!!! I am glad your meeting with her went good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, email me at growingourfamily@gmail.com and I will share pictures and information! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers