Emma's Gotcha Day Video

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Waiting for a Travel Call

Did I mention how excited I am to know we are waiting for a travel call? My stomach flutters at the thought of receiving this call. I've spent the weekend trying to get her things ready in case we get the call soon. I've picked out her clothes (only 5 bows for an overnight trip) and am waiting until our shower tomorrow before I finalize what I'm taking. Friday afternoon, I stayed at school late and planned out my leave. As of now, I plan to take 12 weeks. I am so looking forward to having this time with her to bond.

Today we went to the International Festival in Bowling Green. It was neat to see all the diversity represented. We went to the South Korea booth and met several Korean college students who are exchange students at the University. We had a wonderful conversation and enjoyed some Korean grape soda. Chase was hesitant at first to try it, but enjoyed it. We had a nice conversation with one of the students there and since they don't have a family that mentors them here in the states, we are going to meet with them and have dinner when Emma comes home. It was so neat to talk to someone from Korea and learn more about her culture.

Tomorrow the church is having a shower for Emma. My sister-in-law and church friends are coordinating it. I can't explain how blessed we are with such a wonderful church family. From the beginning, our church family has prayed and God has answered our prayers. No one can explain the short timeline and I answer by saying with God all things are possible.

This next week is going to be busy which will help while we wait for our travel call. Ryan's work is having a shower for us Thursday afternoon. Some close friends from school are having a get together on Thursday night...I can't wait! My wonderful teammates are doing something on Friday. I'm not sure what they're up to, but I know whatever it is, it will be awesome! I am in awe at how amazing the staff are at my school. From the first day I arrived, they have offered to help in any way they can and now I have the honor of sharing in this special journey with them. My school family has prayed with me and the love that resonates there is indescribable. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers